Sr Data Analyst
Herndon Herndon, Virginia 20170
Kavaliro seeks a Sr Data Analyst is responsible for leading the Business/Data requirements gathering work and support production support activities.
The candidate works directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs. Identifies and documents relevant design, process and specification details.
- Understand business context, problems and communicates them clearly in written and oral format.
- Work with the business users and leads to understand & document data requirements.
- Understand existing and target state architecture, data events and data flows.
- Perform detailed data analysis.
- Provide detailed business and data requirements including complex data mappings.
- Answer questions and scenarios that may come up as the developers and testers work off the business requirements.
- Create process flows, presentations and reports to document recommendations and deliver them to the business stakeholders.
- Performs detailed analysis of complex business processes, data requirements and proposes solutions.
- Work with business leads and users to ensure alignment to industry data standards and identify any potential data gaps.
- Support existing applications production activities. Escalate and work with internal application owners to resolve production issues.
- Develop test plans, test cases, procedures, and documents given business requirements and design documents.
- 7+ years of experience in documenting business and data requirements for systems development projects.
- 7+ years of experience in a consulting environment with a focus on business and data analysis.
- Experience with Data Governance, Data Quality experience highly desired
- Data warehousing, mapping exercise experience is needed
- SQL and Oracle experience required
- Understands basic relational databases as well as user interface design.
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Mortgage and/or Financial Industry experience a plus