Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
4000 Legato Road McLean, VA 22102
Kavaliro has an immediate opening for a Full Stack JAVA Developer to be responsible for participating in the full Agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Microservices, and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Full Stack Developer will continually strive to create scalable design while leveraging design patterns, unit testing/ automated test scripts, also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
POSITION of TRUST/SUITABILITY REQUIREMENT: Must be US Citizens
Please be aware that this position requires a U.S Government Public Trust/Suitability determination. Applicants who accept an offer of employment will be subject to government security investigation(s) and must receive a favorable suitability determination for access to U.S Government information for continued employment. The government investigation for this position includes a credit check.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
· Bachelor Degree and 8+ years of experience in IT related field
· Experience utilizing Agile methodologies
· Experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
· Experience with full stack Java web development, including the following technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Cloud, Hibernate, Junit, Jmeter, Maven/Gradel and Angular
· Proficiency with Security Protocols
· Analyze system requirements to create modular, object oriented design for system components
· Create software modules/components with programming based on provisioned designs
· Convert design specifications into software modules using industry standard programming methodologies
· Analysis, classification and maintenance of system data and data relationships. Develop data models necessary to support a system’ s functions and operations.
· Experience with test driven development
· Experience with Git, Mercurial or similar distributed source code management tools
· Hands-on experience with PostGres a plus
· Previous government development experience a plus
· Automated testing with cucumber, selenium and protractor
· Experience with Continuation Integration toolsets such as Jenkins
· Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
· Experience with DHS development processes
· Database programming including SQL Queries, read, writes and updates