Sr. SharePoint Developer
13100 Worldgate Dr OB1 Herndon, Virginia 21076
Kavaliro seeks a Sr. SharePoint Developer who will under general direction, be responsible for developing the front-end and GUI for multiple web based applications to meet business needs. The individual will focus on custom coding and various out of the box features to develop new solutions for SharePoint/Office 365 and other web tools. The primary objective of the project is to integrate and present data from a variety of databases, BPM etc. to a customized web application. Functionalities include, but not limited to, master page and layout design, custom forms using CSOM, REST API, custom Web Parts and complex workflows.
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications using Microsoft or other CMS technologies.
- Ability to deliver on multiple initiatives simultaneously and perform under pressure within tight deadlines.
This developer is expected to provide design recommendations, build out the site, and act as an SME. This person will be expected to know the latest features available in SP 2013/O365 and will be responsible for recommending solutions and best practices to address business needs.
Day to day activities:
• Setup repositories with an ability to intake and strip documents from emails
• Create lists with items that are imported from excel files
• Build end-to-end workflow applications including email notifications
• Sync document libraries with local drives to enable offline access
• Build social capabilities in SP like Wiki, blog, surveys and activity feeds
• Utilize Excel, Access, InfoPath and Content Management services within SharePoint
• Customization and development experience using Visual Studio and .Net
• Hands on experience designing and developing web applications and web APIs from scratch
• Hands on development experience with Web Services, custom work flows, event handlers, Solution Packages and Deployment, and the SharePoint Client Object Model
• Hands on experience with setting up database connectivity and exchanging data between any content management system and databases like Access/Oracle
• Knowledge of the features and architectural design of SharePoint and other CMS platforms
• An understanding of the following concepts: Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process and Forms, and/or Business Intelligence
• Experience with Microsoft office InfoPath Forms Services and SharePoint Designer
• Above average interpersonal and presentation skills to synthesize and communicate information to senior management
Preferred skills, but not required:
• Ability to use latest web front end technologies to provide a custom SP front-end and understanding of the following concepts: Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process and Forms, and/or Business Intelligence
• Ability to setup a web server and create custom web applications
• Ability to perform proper unit test, regression tests, and load tests to ensure accuracy and completeness of applications developed