235 Montgomery Street, Suite 1105 San Francisco, California 94104
Seeking a Full Time/Permanent Staff Accountant/Controller to work for an Environmental Consulting firm located in Novato, CA. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience.
A successful candidate:
* Knows debits and credits.
* Has done bank reconciliations.
* Has done AR, AP, cash accounting, fixed asset accounting, payroll, and depreciation.
* Has produced accurate financial statements.
* Is detail-oriented; takes pride in a job well done.
* Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Is good with clients.
Telecommuting is not an option.
The responsibilities include:
• Full accounting, including processing and auditing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash deposits.
• Timely preparation of financial statements on a monthly basis, with maintenance of all subsidiary schedules and journals.
• Preparation of the monthly financial statement notebook that includes the printed documentation supporting the financials.
• Providing support in other office administration responsibilities.
This position requires proficiency in the following programs:
• Microsoft Office Suite, with special emphasis on power usage of Excel.
• Provide general support to the accounting department
• Process accounts payable, accounts receivable, code and enter invoices
• Research invoices missing purchase orders, contact vendors for revised invoice requests
• Research vendor statements, confirm invoices have been received and paid
• Reconcile monthly credit card statements
• Assist in weekly check runs, matching checks to purchase orders and mail payments
• Maintain general file organization for the Accounting Department.
• Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Operations Manager and Controller
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
• Ability to process high volume invoices
• performing AP/AR duties
• The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to handle a large volume of data
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
• Strong Microsoft Office skills