3900 Wisconsin Avenue Washington, District Of Columbia 20016
Kavaliro is looking for a System Tester for our direct client at Washington DC.
• Hands on shell scripting experience and Capture test cases in ALM
• Analyze requirements to see how they can be developed into testable elements
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Experience working at an organization going through an Agile transformation
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Math/Statistics, Physics or related engineering/quantitative fields. Master degree preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in software development and testing in a team of 4+ developers/testers.
• Strong in Unix Shell-scripting or Perl or Python or other mainstream scripting languages.
• Hands-on experience with at least three and proficient in at least one of the following: C/C++, Java, C#, Perl, Python, SAS, Matlab, R, VBA, PL/SQL. Experience of database operations using at least one of the languages.
• Hands-on experience of web service development or testing strongly desired. Working experience using AWS (Amazon Web Services) a plus.
• Familiar with various stages of software testing including unit-test, integration test, system test, user acceptance test. Experience of designing, setting up and supporting an automated testing process from scratch.
• Experience of Agile testing strongly desired.
• Knowledge of quantitative financial analytics (preferably in mortgage credit risk analytics) a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiar with tools like Microsoft office suites and JIRA.
• Team player, problem solver and fast learner.
• Automation experience