Technical Business Analyst
601 Riverside Ave Jacksonville, FL 32204
Technical Business Analyst
The main responsibilities of this resource will be as follows:
• Be the liaison between team and CorpSys (IT) team BA --- to work through getting Digital Marketing requirements laid out and handed off.
• Helping with the collection and approval process of technical architecture and user flow docs.
• This candidate will be writing functional requirements and work very closely with Director of UX, Head of PM and others to construct, write and finalize requirements for major projects (3 large projects).
Work with stakeholders to document and build business requirements documents that will provide direction in the development of the technology platform(s) and/or enhancements. Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements, work with lead PMs to conduct review’ s and approval of deliverables. Communicate requirements to technical teams, UX team and manage requirements clarifications and change requests from all parties. Must be able to conduct reviews for scope, document business justification including use cases, design documents, prototypes, and business need.
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and accepta
nce tests. Ensures that the changes made by programmers are correct. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met. Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Reports and reviews testing results.
A Bachelor’ s or master’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Knowledge of agile development life cycles
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed