Technical Writer (Procedural)
Overview: This Standards Writer position will help to serve the needs of our Standards clients by assisting document technical champions and committees to help drive consensus and consolidate multiple streams of input. This writer will be responsible for maintaining forward momentum on document development by managing committee meetings, coordinating comments and feedback, editing content as needed, and updating and/or developing the documents.
- 3-5+ years of standards writing experience
- Ability to incorporate technical data into concise, useful documentation
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to lead document committee meetings and drive consensus
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organize and lead document committee meetings and drive consensus among committee members. Develop and revise Standards and related documentation based upon committee work.
- Work with various lines of business safety administrators as assigned to create and publish Standards Maps for their work. These maps will help the users in each LOB understand which documents relate to their specific businesses and allow them to find requirements more efficiently
- Required: Bachelor’ s Degree
- Preferred: 5+ years of standards writing experience