Technical Writer - MYITJP00003791
201 1st Ave SW Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Technical Writer - Contract (Partial Telecommute)
The technical writer works with administrators, researchers, communications consultants, and members of the research web team to analyze, design, develop, and produce information products for distribution on the World Wide Web. The information products (text, graphics, flash, animations, streaming video) are technical and scientific. Additionally, the role will manage compliance and policy-oriented web documentation. The technical writer edits information products for consistency--grammar, design, style--across the many research web publications. The technical writer is a hands-on, customer-contact role that works face-to-face and side-by-side the roles mentioned here.
- Bachelor' s degree in Technical Communications or related field.
- Conversant in scientific and/or technological subject matter.
- Proficient in hand-coding HTML.
- Proven experience in researching and developing information for a specific audience with a particular purpose.
- Demonstrable experience with current web publishing tools and practices.