601 Riverside Ave Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Web Designer Generally responsible for the look, feel, operation, and functionality of a commercial website. Designs and constructs web pages/sites and applications including incorporating graphic user interface features and other techniques. Contributes to the design group' s efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization' s online offerings. Designs the website to support the organization' s strategies and goals relative to external communications. • Designs internal and external web pages, including layout, user interface graphics, navigation, and graphics for new product release and new web-hosted product offering. • Work closely with Web Developer on coding to integrate text, graphics, sound, and/or video and then the Web Administrator to implement pages or applications into production. • Assures web server and site technical performance. • Performs development and maintenance programming for web pages and web applications and performs web usability testing. • Develops, assesses and communicates website usage and security policies and standards. • May perform limited amount of Web programming and coding. • Provides technical assistance to Site Administrators. • May assist in the planning of overall company strategy involving Internet usage. • May make hardware and/or software purchasing recommendations or decisions regarding web development. • May perform overall administration of sites at a company-wide level. • Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typically requires a Bachelor' s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Proficiency in application web design
• Proficiency in HTML design and all versions of HTML programming
• Knowledge of a wide range of interface design, development and debugging tools, techniques and methodologies
• Knowledge of the processes, phases, and roles relevant to common development methodologies
• Knowledge of testing tools and quality control requirements
• Knowledge of potential performance and security issues
• Knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of operating systems (e.g., Unix, Windows) and of various browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Foxfire, etc.)
• Proficiency in VB and Java scripting
• Knowledge of programming languages
• Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Photo Shop, Illustrator, Image Ready, Go Live, Cyber Studio, Flash).
• Proficiency to effectively analyze and synthesize information, identify alternatives and select an effective solution
• Knowledge to design and demonstrate the efficient, user friendly and visually appealing screens
• Proficiency to resolve program problems using diagnostic tools and facilities
• Proficiency to write basic test scripts for system as designed
• Knowledge of project management methods and techniques • Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization