mid-level Security Engineer
1234 Washington, DC 20016
Kavaliro is looking for a Security Engineer to support Change Control Board meetings (typically 1-2 per week), review and comment on design documents, perform testing as needed, and develop security engineering plans on-site with our client in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide security consulting and engineering support for systems, emerging IT, and IT security initiatives, ensuring that IT security is embedded and threaded throughout the IT architecture for a project. A multi-disciplinary approach is required to ensure appropriate IT security is implemented and that IT systems function as single units.
- Work closely with ISSOs, ISSMs, system program managers, and supporting development teams to ensure applications and systems are securely architected and meet or exceed security standards and requirements.
- Focus will be on system and application development efforts in the initiation and development phases and on systems in the implementation phases undergoing major changes to ensure systems are securely designed and implemented before they go into operation.
- Ensures multiple software components, hardware components, communication components, and processes and integration components across a project are designed and implemented to create a single functioning system that can deliver the business functionality proposed. IT security is embedded and threaded throughout the IT architecture for a project.
- 3-5 years of experience in cloud security, virtualization security, web application security, network architecture and active directory design/segmentation,
Minimum Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred; the following majors are preferred: Computer science, computer engineering, digital forensics, cyber security, telecommunications, information assurance, or security studies
- Security certifications are preferred(more than one is ideal)