3550 Round Barn Blvd, Ste 103 Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Ideally someone with tax experience, but doesn' t have to have tax. Simple accounting background would work. MUST HAVE ADVANCED EXCEL SKILLS, pivot tables/v-lookups
Job Details Description
Allstream, which delivers voice and data services to over 70, 000 small and medium businesses is hiring a Tax Accountant.
Perform tax accounting in specialty areas including state and local tax compliance, tax audits, property tax filings and use tax reporting. Conduct miscellaneous tax studies or investigations for internal management. Prepares tax returns, gathers and analyzes data extracted from financial systems and reports deviations. Participates in tax projects and handles issues identified during tax return preparation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Responsible for monthly transaction/compliance tax filings for multiple countries and tax jurisdictions. Including telecommunication sales and use taxes, business and occupation taxes, franchise fees and other filings.
- Prepare property taxes and related payments.
- Reconciles tax accrual accounts and prepares associated monthly journal entries.
- Responsible for filing business licenses.
- Responsible for tax audits. Works directly with auditor providing data to support tax computations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work under established guidelines and controls, including annual filing schedules and calendars, statutes, regulations, cases and rulings for all states and many local jurisdictions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, and CNF Code of Business Ethics.
Works under general supervision in a team environment. No direct supervisory responsibility however may provide direction to less senior employees within the department. Handles confidential information with discretion. Must meet inflexible deadlines. Errors could cause improper reporting of financial status and impact short and long-term financial decisions. Position performs multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities. Frequent internal contact with all levels of employees; moderate amount of external contact with auditors and vendors.
- Bachelor’ s degree required in accounting or finance, or equivalent, demonstrated competencies in accounting.
- 3+ year’ s professional working experience in tax, accounting, and/or relevant experience for entry to this position.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Good communication skills (oral and written); communicate effectively with tax reviewers and support peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; participate in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires constant keyboarding, frequent twisting of the upper body, standing and walking, and occasionally on rare occasions the ability to kneel, bend at the waist and crouch. Requires occasional lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds. Must be able to perform primarily light work. Must be able to perform close detail work.
Experience working within the telecommunications industry.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’ s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Allstream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allstream does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’ s legal duty to furnish information.