Accounting Specialist - Hybrid
265 Clyde Morris Blvd Suite 200 Ormond Beach, FL 32174 US
As an Accounting Specialist, you will have an integral role in the Accounting & Finance team which includes processing and coding of invoices, reconciliations, period-end close processes, journal entry preparation, and variance analysis.
- Reconcile complex, high-volume transactional invoices accurately and timely via the point-of-sale system.
- Code, process, and reconcile operational expense invoices timely.
- Participate in the period-end close process including the preparation of journal entries, support schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain and review all ticket inventory.
- Appropriately input data via the accounting system
- Communicating with clients and vendors to resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Implement and develop solutions to drive accounting efficiencies.
- Cross-train with team members to ensure ability to fill in.
- Organize and maintain retention files.
- Maintain professional customer relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Prepare reporting and/or analysis, as necessary.
- Provide support during the annual audit, as necessary.
- Assist with special projects and other functions, as necessary.
- Associate degree in accounting or related field. Relevant work experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, travel and/or entertainment industry is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in word and excel (intermediate level)
- High attention to detail with a proven ability to analyze, interpret, and resolve a variety of discrepancies.
- Experience working in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adept at managing peak workloads.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Uncompromising work ethic
- Industry experience in entertainment, live events or travel is preferred.
- NetSuite/Microsoft Great Plains/D365 is preferred.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog