Accounts Payable Specialist
751 North Drive Suite 9-12 Melbourne, FL 32934
Responsibilities to include:
- Collecting invoices from vendors, research and resolve invoice issues.
- Enter supplier invoices
- Assist in producing weekly cash flow forecast
- Maintain disbursement section and submitting operations payments one week in advance of due date for payment approval.
- Code invoices to correct GL accounts, COEs and project codes (obtain sufficient company business understanding to interpret invoices and payment requests correctly and apply appropriate coding.
- Distribute non PO supplier invoices for department managers approval.
- Perform 3 way match of invoices to purchase order and proof of delivery.
- Ensure sales tax compliance with invoices received (no sales tax charged on project invoices vs ensure there is sales tax on non-project invoices, or track that need to pay use tax).
- Submit list of invoices due for payment that week (and supporting documentation) to controller for review.
- Ensure W9 forms are on file for all vendors and process 1099s annually for required vendors.
- Employee benefits- review invoices receive for accuracy of current or COBRA employees.
- Print paper checks, prepare ACH payments and wire transfers in banking system and provide documentation to check signatory / bank payment releaser.
- Complete new vendor applications.
- Monitor remaining credit amounts available on key vendors and apply for credit limit increases if necessary.
- Verify employee expense reports in Concur and ensure timely reimbursement of valid expenses in compliance with company travel policy.
- Assist with monthly close, including performing monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts.
- Ensure timely monthly and year-end accrual of outstanding payables.
- Compare monthly vendors to entered invoices for month and accrue for late/unreceived invoices.
- Maintain well organized filing system for supporting documentation for all payments.
- Overall responsibility for purchasing office supplies.