Air Compressor Technician
Jacksonville, FL 32256 US
Essential Job Functions: Service Maintenance and Repair
The Service Technician will perform routine, preventative maintenance, and repairs on rotary screw air compressors. Preventative maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations. The main responsibility of this role is to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs. Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, they are responsible to test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor.
The Service Technician must provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations within a timely manner. A good Service Technician can guarantee returned business by developing rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with technical training in electrical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics preferred.
- 1-2 years of strong mechanical and electrical skills with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- Compressor experience strongly desired.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver s License.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel for report purposes.
- Wear protective equipment (such as hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection)
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Travel and overnight stays will be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Become familiar with multiple functions of in-house business & service software system.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and random drug screenings when selected.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- 12-days paid time off after 6 months of continuous employment
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid Health Insurance – Employee
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Company negotiated – Eye, Dental, Life and Disability insurances.
- 401K matching up to 5%
- Boot allowance after 6 months of continuous employment
- Prescription safety glasses allowance after 6 months of continuous employment
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog