Application Architect - Senior
4608 Willard Avenue Bethesda, MD 20815
Senior Application Architect-
This role requires the ability to examine current on pre Java EE application implementations and architect cloud based solutions in the Microsoft Azure platform using .NET technologies including IIS, TFS, AppFabric, Cosmos DB, Azure Storage, Application Insights etc.
Serves as a liaison between the internal/external business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Translates business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization, manages changes to such specifications, and educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Gathers information about the organizations work processes and information flows. Documents existing process in technical model format in order to evaluate and define new IT solutions and implementation processes. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business groups supported to enhance the enterprises competitive edge. Has basic knowledge in functions they support. Has knowledge and background of other technologies and tools. Has basic understanding of business, market and industry issues facing a specific business unit or function.
- Must have .NET/C# architectural and design experience
- Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Expert level in OO, SOA, N-layer & N-tier architecture
- Must have 10+ years hands on design and development experience
- Must have experience with web service APIs and protocols including REST, SOAP, JSON, and XML
- Must have strong familiarity with the Microsoft Azure platform and its tools and capabilities
- Experience with Java/J2EE preferred.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record in delivering successful projects.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with and mentor others