Associate Corporate Attorney
1050 Satcom Lane Melbourne, FL 32940
Kavaliro is seeking an associate corporate attorney for one of their largest global clients in the Melbourne Florida area.
The Attorney will perform complicated professional legal work for the Senior Management and Contracts departments. This position reports directly to the General Counsel and assists in representing the legal interests of the Company in all aspects, including contractual, policy making and enforcement, real estate matters, regulatory compliance, employment and labor law, public procurement, litigation, environmental, security, general insurance matters, and private entity governance. This is a high-level professional position requiring a thorough knowledge of the laws concerning private entities in a variety of jurisdictions. The Attorney will exercise a high degree of independent judgement in the performance of duties and major policy matters.
• Manage fast-paced, full-life cycle contracts processes including contract request management, review, assignment, execution/signature collection and record keeping.
- Oversee the administration of the contract lifecycle from inception to termination or expiration, and any subsequent post-contract obligations.
• Ensure compliance with all agreements including revenue recognition, contract fulfillment, deliverables, regulatory requirements, and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged in negotiations, development, execution, and fulfillment of all agreements.
• Work independently and efficiently while coordinating and communicating with supervisor throughout the process.
• Maintain deadlines on deliverables, contract durations, renewals, and expiration dates, and communicate and provide updates on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about these and other contractual issues.
• Consistently review contractual performance of all contractual parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
• Provide filing and supplemental administrative support on an as-needed basis.
• Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Member in good standing with the Florida Bar.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably with a private company.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques, principles and practices, and terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of legal and business communication principles and practices.
- Must have strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office; ability to learn all necessary company software systems.
- Demonstrably high standards of integrity, honesty, confidentiality, and ethics.
- Ability to maintain current, in-depth knowledge level of contracting regulations