Backend Java Developer
3333 Piedmont Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30305
Jr. Java Developer (Back-end)
You have a solid understanding of computer science, Web architecture, software-design patterns and testing that you’ ll apply to the development of projects. Your demonstrated technical acumen will be critical in this role and will help to ensure that the solutions you propose remain on time and on budget while delivering an exceptional user experience.
As a lean team supporting the technology needs of a fast-moving company, we rely on our engineers to be flexible, creative and ready to problem solve across multiple domains.
- Write front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) and back-end (Ruby, Java, NodeJS) code for internal and public-facing, high-traffic web applications
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of our application framework, and help maintain and improve it
- Design and develop API systems to interface with third-party applications/providers
- Perform code reviews
- Create and present technical design plans to the team, and participate in the review of teammates’ technical design plans
- Work closely with system administrators on the architecture of our production systems on the Amazon Web Services platform, anticipate resource needs for site-traffic patterns and assist in the monitoring of production systems
- Contribute to and lead improvement efforts of our development environment
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience