5 Gatehouse Drive Waltham, MA 02451
Bioinformatician There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated bioinformatician, eager to bring data together in new ways.
In this role, you will:
• Manages, analyses, and deliver customer sequencing data.
• Develops, tests, and supports data analysis tools and pipelines.
• Ensure proper movement and automation of data from sequencer to data storage unit.
• Validate the quality of the datasets using various tools to assess the correctness of the results.
• Troubleshoot data quality issues by collaborating with Lab and other personnel.
• Assists with developing requirements for internal software development.
• Build and maintain high level of experience with team' s software and IT technologies.
• Work collaboratively with scientists and outside collaborators to cultivate, process, and analyze genomic information
• Develop and maintain a in depth understanding of the scientific and technological domains supported by the Informatics team.
• Design and apply innovative computational/statistical algorithms and visualizations to: Generate actionable biological insight from genomic data.
• Build and steer further development of small prototype tools for bench scientists to access and visualize genomic data. Finally, you will collaborate with industry and academia, and exploit external resources, to find the most effective solutions to problems.
• Relevant MS/PHD degree (MS degree with 2+ years’ experience desirable)
• An enthusiasm to explore non-traditional approaches to bring big data together in biologically meaningful ways.
• Programming in a Unix and Windows environment.
• A publication track record is preferred • Networked within external bioinformatics and communities is preferred.
• An understanding of the contribution of bioinformatics to drug discovery is preferred.
• Effective contributing to collaborative projects involving cross-disciplinary and global teams is preferred.
• Awareness of graph modeling, machine learning, Bayesian analytics or other non-traditional approaches to model biological data is desired.
• Python/Perl programming expertise.
• SQL/Database management expertise.