1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
The Business Analyst, Tagging Implementation, will focus on eliciting requirements and maintaining documentation for analytic solutions for our business groups in support of marketing and strategic decision making. This is an opportunity to leverage your passion for analytics to add considerable business impact through delivery of critical analytic solutions. You will team with diverse stakeholders across Marketing, eCommerce, CRM, Media, Mobile App, IT, and Client Engagement teams and will work closely with them to determine analytic requirements and translate them into appropriate analytic tools. On an ongoing basis, you will maintain, enhance, and proactively design analytic documentation based upon clients’ needs and changing environment.
Data Analytics Architecture
- Lead or participate in client-facing and internal meetings, such as scoping sessions, project kickoffs, etc.
- Determine analytic objectives / KPIs by studying client functions across the business to make sure the analytic requirements satisfy those needs and to help them make strategic decisions.
- Design analytic requirements using enterprise-level analytic tools.
- Document analytic requirements into a well-structured specification.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Serve as a data steward to validate data to ensure accurate reporting.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with stakeholders to develop and implement effective analytic solutions.
- Identify problematic areas with the data and research to determine the best course of action to correct the data.
- Coordinate with the Tagging Implementation Team on analytic integrations and validation of data sources.
- Monitor analytic requirements to ensure business needs are met.
- Team across departments to navigate and solve data problems if / as they occur.
Project Management & Communications
- Align client needs with product, development, and marketing team goals
- Ability to document requirements clearly, monitor progress during development, and provide end user documentation during development and upon release of new products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group that includes specialists, management, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to communicate in business terms with business leadership, IT terms with IT partners, etc.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Participate in and help lead daily stand-ups and recurring ceremonies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability…). Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- Previous experience in a Business Analyst, Client Engagement, or similar role. Experience with a consulting firm is a plus.
- Proven experience eliciting requirements and providing project documentation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify appropriate approaches based on the client request or business need.
- Ability to think “ big picture” and operate in a logical manner, break down processes and investigate issues by asking the right questions to determine potential solutions.
- Ability to read and understand complex requirements documents, identify gaps and capturing one-off use cases, etc.
- Balance multiple, competing priorities effectively, track documentation and deliverables in an organized manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in conveying technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Deliver customer requests on time and deliver high quality solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with analytic platforms and tools, preferably in support of marketing and sales functions in the consumer entertainment, travel, or amusement park industry.
- 3+ years eliciting and documenting requirements and end user documentation during a website or mobile app project.
- Strong background in all aspects of digital marketing, with an emphasis on the integration and use of digital analytic and cloud reporting tools.
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum).
- Project Tracking Systems (Rally, JIRA). Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial:
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Launch, Adobe DTM).
- Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, Google AdWords, DoubleClick Bid Manager, Google Event Snippet).
- Travel & Resort Industry, Consumer Entertainment, and / or Theme Park experience.
Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Data Science, or similar degree.