C/W-PM-2 - Engineering
139 East 4th Street Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Kavaliro has partnered with an organization seeking a C/W-PM-2 Engineer. This is a hybrid opportunity for workers to sit in Plainfield, IN or Cincinnati.
This is the second level of the Siting classification hierarchy. Resources at this level solve complex problems, manage work, and provide support to others in Siting, potentially with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work. This level is expected to provide guidance as well as have advanced skills and work independently.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position provides guidance and leadership to ensure consistent practices in siting and routing transmission facilities and ensures consistent filings for these facilities. This position works under consultative direction toward predetermined goals and objectives.
- Acts as a siting and routing subject matter expert and provides specialized technical expertise and judgment to resolve complex siting issues.
- Ability to potentially work independently under consultative direction.
- Works with wide latitude to plan, conduct and direct work on complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Assignments are self-initiated.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining procedures and programs to ensure new facilities comply with applicable laws and regulations. Strives to continually develop and improve expert technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
- Represents the Company in public meetings required for a wide range of regulatory entitlements, local land use approvals and other presentation opportunities including project workshops and open houses. (Internal Siting Leadership approval required).
- Applies advanced knowledge of multiple disciplines while working across several functional areas to obtain results on major projects. Participates as a recognized expert in Siting issues.
- Strives to continually develop and improve technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Geography, Planning or other related field of study is preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of experience siting/routing infrastructure projects or supporting land development permitting within multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully influence outcome with a high level of collaboration.
- Demonstrates ability to manage/lead personnel from diverse groups working toward a common goal or objective.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Program/project management process understanding and project task coordination experience especially in the areas of scope development, schedule adherence and budget oversight.
- Experience in public speaking, especially presentations supporting zoning applications, state/federal permits, or project open houses; other related examples of effective communication.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- High expertise in the areas of land planning, linear infrastructure routing, and regulatory approval processes. Experience in preparation of detailed and complex regulatory filings.
- Ability to facilitate a diverse team of internal and external subject matter experts through decision making processes in order to drive consensus.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provides technical expertise and judgment to resolve issues.
- Evaluate and review basic proposed and existing codes, standards, regulations and guidelines to determine the impact on company programs and facility operations and assist in comments to the project team.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge on land use, siting, permitting, and environmental laws and regulations and a working knowledge of technical aspects of siting requirements.
- Collaborate with Siting team members on workload to help determine, develop and/or improve approaches to solutions procedures.
- Responsible for serving as the expert for complex projects to ensure that siting transmission facilities are meeting federal, state, and local laws and regulations in addition to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Training and/or work experience in design/analytic software a plus (CAD, GIS)
- Experience in technical and comprehensive report writing is preferred.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog