CDI Coding Specialist I
- Pensacola, FL 32501
CDI Coding Specialist
This role uses clinical knowledge to serve as an advisor to providers and staff regarding complete and accurate documentation supporting services provided in the office based setting. The CDI Consultant will conduct concurrent reviews of outpatient medical records after the patient is seen as well as work with clinicians concurrently to guide and educate. This position collaborates with providers and coding teams to deliver education on documentation best practices that result in accurate, comprehensive medical record that reflects the diagnoses for the patient and supports patient care and correct reimbursement.
• Must have specific knowledge of diagnostic and procedural terminology, ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems, and billing compliance rules.
• Associates degree required • Bachelor degree preferred • RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CPMA, CRC
• Certified Medical Coder, must have AAPC or AHIMA certification at a minimum
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite of products
• Experience in multi-specialty physician coding is highly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience
• Minimum 5 years production coding • Minimum 3-5 years CMS compliance guidelines • Minimum 2 years working at a health plan
• Must have Medicare Risk Adjustment coding experience