Civil 3D Operator
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202
Job Specific Description:
- Drafts site plans, details, diagrams, schematics, layouts, multiview, and various drawings in accordance with clients requests.
- Performs mathematical, geometrical, and minor engineering computations.
- Uses AutoCAD Civil 3D software to produce site development models, drawings, and material quantity takeoffs.
- Proficient in creating alignments, profiles, corridors, pipe networks, surfaces, and other AutoCAD Civil 3D software specific functions.
- Experience using stormwater modeling extensions in AutoCAD Civil 3D (i.e. Hydraflow, Storm and Sanitary Analysis).
- Ability to create styles, settings, dynamic blocks, drawing details, and template files to help facilitate the creation of drawing standards.
- 2 or 4 year technical degree
- Five years minimum with AutoCAD
- Is adept with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
- At least three years experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015.
- Has experience with working in structural/physical AutoCAD design.
- Must be using AutoCAD Civil 3D at current/most recent position. (Experience is current)
- Fully understands CAD standards, application of CAD layers, title block templates and can conform to rigorous CAD standard requirements.
- Highly desirable - Expert AutoCAD Civil 3D skills (High), Autodesk Vault, Microsoft Excel
- Leadership - candidate has leadership qualities. Has led others or performed duties in oversight, coordination of work or quality assurance.
- Has some experience in quality assurance or CAD compliance.
- Familiar with software and network systems.
- Someone who can work independently and take responsibility.
- Experience with structural designs, especially associated with utility industry.
- This position will support the Civil - Site Development design tool and drafting needs of the Transmission department.
- This position will interface directly and frequently with Civil Engineers, therefore experience with civil projects and a high level of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is highly desired.
- Please include in resume a brief description of what projects you have worked on.