Reston Reston, VA 20190
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Cloud Architect to May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
What will help you succeed:
- Experience in Hybrid Cloud Architectures, Cloud brokering solutions or Cloud Management Solutions for Public/Private Cloud Experience with Infrastructure Automation, Infrastructure capacity monitoring and automated scaling solutions
- Docker and orchestration (Kubernetes) administration
- Experience troubleshooting AWS
- Hand-on experience in an Enterprise DevOps model - Automation of application
- Code deployment using tools and in environments like Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus etc.
- Linux expertise and significant experience in Scripting Python, Perl, Bash Experience with automation/management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- 5 + years assessing architecture quality and resiliency viz. scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
What you will work on:
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required