55 Ivan Allen Blvd Atlanta, GA 30308
Kavaliro is seeking a Linux Cloud Engineer well versed in API integrations for a valued partner local to the Atlanta Metro.
Title: Linux Cloud Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Attributes of a Qualified Candidate:
- Serve as the technical lead in the evaluation, recommendation, and
- implementation of Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture utilizing Red Hat Linux (Open Shift).
- Serve as the technical lead in the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of new technologies in the Linux, infrastructure as code, and CI/CD space.
- Provide leadership and technical mentorship to the Linux team and anyone using cloud resources.
- Excellent ability to execute DevOps functions / API gateway mgmt.
- An adaptable team player adept at working in an agile environment with ability to communicate effectively.
- Ensure system scalability, redundancy, and failover mechanisms are working and tested.
- Drive definition of reference architectures, roadmaps and recommendations.
- Ability factor in internal and external integrations & APIs to cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including S3, Glacier, EC2, EKS, Elasticsearch, Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CLI tools
- Demonstrated history of API managemernt
- Hands on LAMP stack experience (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- System Automation tools experience, eg. Ansible
- Container technology experience, eg. OpenShift, Docker
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Red Hat / CentOS deployments
- Proficiency establishing cloud environment in adherence to security policy and best practices
- Exposure to logging solutions eg. Splunk, GrayLog, ELK
- Experience tuning Apache and PHP
- MySQL/MariaDB and Percona database design and management
- Strong Linux scripting skills
Education & Expierence:
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Computer Science required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- 8+ years of experience in engineering of complex computer systems with at least 3 years’ experience with cloud architecture.