100 Stevens Drive Philadelphia, PA 19113
Key Role & Responsibility
The Cloud Solution Engineer is a cloud role in the project delivery cycle with hands on experience migrating customers to the cloud and designing devops operational processes, deployment checklists, etc. This role will work closely with clients, partners and other business units to ensure consulting engagements are successful. He/she must be fully flexible and mobile across the US.
- Proven experience in cloud infrastructure project deals for hands on migration to AWS or Azure public cloud
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies.
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Pig, Bosh, Terraform or an equivalent.
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs such as SQL, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB.
- Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
- A working understanding of code and script such as: PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby.
- A working understanding with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or equivalent
- A working understanding of scheduling and orchestration with tools such as: Kubernetes, Mesos swarm or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge about AIPs designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- They include the ability to understand and communicate the following at an executive level both internally and externally:
- AWS or Azure Architecture experience ideally with the appropriate vendor certification
- Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
- Configuration and deployment experience in three or more of the following:
- AWS or Azure apps technologies such as RDS, Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS or Azure IaaS Technologies
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
- Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
- Experience building private AMI’ s on VPC’ s
- LAMP Stack and Linux experience
- High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations
- Experience of designing and implementing application and infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Experience architecting and deploying multi-tiered applications.
- Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications
- Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications using Java, Microsoft and Database technologies
- Experience in performance tuning, including the following; (load balancing, web servers, content delivery Networks, Caching (Content and API))
- Experience as principal technical lead on at least one major project.
- Good understanding of application architectures
- Demonstrable experience in the elicitation & specification of architectural, functional and non-functional requirements
- A good appreciation of the cost drivers in systems delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical decisions made by you and/or others
- Ability to develop productive client relationships at different management levels and identify and develop opportunities for new business
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- AWS or Azure trained / certified architect – e.g. Amazon Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional Level
- AWS or Azure certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops
- Architectural certification (e.g TOGAF)
- Experience of implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and instrumentation
- Experience of consulting or service provider roles (internal, or external);
- Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc. Broad understanding of enterprise project lifecycle
- A good degree-level education is highly desirable
- Team lead and program or project management experience
- Experience using database technologies like Oracle, MySQL is required and understanding of NoSQL, MongoDB is preferred.
- ISO27001/2 certification
- Redshift / Data warehouse experience
- Extensive automation experience with either Chef or Puppet
- Experience in designing or implementing data warehouse solutions is highly preferred.