Communications Account Manager
411 Fayetteville Street Raleigh, NC 27601
Candidates should have the following experience:
- Developing a creative brief
- Account management experience working on multi-channel campaigns
- Agency experience a must!
- Experience working directly with creative teams
The Communications Consultant - Account Managers are responsible for managing the development and execution of all communications projects for customer work to ensure message and brand consistency, and align with corporate strategies.
- Serve as the key communications consultant to manage Advertising, Brand, Creative and Digital projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients based on understanding their business, their goals, their customers and their issues.
- Maintain open lines of communication that include the right balance of in-person interaction and attendance at their meetings and the use of technology where appropriate
- Support development, implementation and evaluation of communications plans based on an understanding of the client and designed to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate with other sections in Corporate Communications.
- Provide information and insights to support the ongoing planning and evaluation process
- Competency in leading both internal Creative Services team and external agencies on all marketing, advertising and creative development to ensure consistency and on-strategy execution
- Ensure that work product is high quality and developed in a timely and cost-efficient manner following a defined workflow process
- Competency in leading digital media projects on all online digital channels to ensure projects are on strategy, on time, within budget and meet project goals following a defined workflow process
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or a comparable field of study or 4 years of related work experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience in communications
- Three (3) to five (5) years of account management experience at an advertising agency or in-house communications team
- Advertising, branding and marketing communications experience
- Demonstrated strong writing and presentation skills
- Experience in producing integrated campaigns, such as collateral, videos, digital media, social media, radio, etc.
- Experience in providing communications counsel on advertising and marketing projects to internal clients and creative teams
- Analysis and project management experience
- Ability to strategically plan communications that are tied directly to measurable business results
- Ability to build, develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to work closely with and resolve communications issues with key clients
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Highly motivated individual who can follow through and work with minimal direct supervision
- Experience handling conflict and contentious issues internally and externally
- Energy industry experience
- Experience with a work management system (e.g., Workamajig)
- Proficient with personal computer software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Agile and/or Kanban experience is helpful.