Construction Supervisor (Civil/Mechanical)
603 Big Bend Rd Apollo Beach, FL 33572
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure quality of work performed and identify critical items that may impact the project work schedule.
- Review project design and identify any potential changes. Review changes with contract personnel for approval of any change notices.
- Monitor and ensure that contractors’ work is done in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Assist in preparation of field installation subcontract packages.
- Monitor all assigned projects for work rule compliance.
- Review contractor progress and critical path activities through regularly scheduled meetings.
- Assist with planning and establishing project schedules and following up on actual performance and productivity against estimates.
- Support Engineering & Project Management efforts to bid, evaluate and award Mechanical and Civil/Structural contract work.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to contractors and subcontractors and follow work progress on assigned projects.
- Inspect ongoing work activities to confirm contractor performance to project plans, specifications and monitor/enforce compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- 10 to 15 years experience in heavy industrial construction or construction management including 10 years of related or equivalent experience in mechanical and /or civil/structural in a power plant or industrial environment.
- Construction Supervisor should have a minimum of high school education. College degree is preferred but not required and some construction management training is required.
- Knowledge of construction codes/standards (AWS, ASME, ASTM, etc.) required.
- Previous experience in writing contract scope of work, preparing budget estimates and working with contract administrators is required.
- Must be able to plan and organize Mechanical and Civil/Structural projects to support department goals.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities and have team building skills including outage coordination, planning and scheduling experience.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and/or civil structural systems is required as well as contract administrative responsibilities including supervising contractors.
- Previous experience with computerized work management systems is also necessary.