TECO Plaza Tampa, FL 33602
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts pre-procurement planning to identify the best method(s) for contracting engineered equipment, engineering and construction contracts, required to satisfy project requirements, while safeguarding corporate interests.
- Assist and advise the project team during the preparation of technical specifications and/or scopes of work by performing reviews and assistance in support of development of such technical specifications and/or scopes of work.
- Assist and advise the project management team in areas of contractual risk.
- Prepare appropriate contract pro-formas (including general terms and conditions and commercial terms) for bid solicitation.
- Knowledgeable of local, regional or national business trends, risk assumption and management issues, and applicable regulatory and legal constraints and requirements.
- Develops and maintains supplier relations and works with the Supplier Diversity team to successfully include minority business opportunities in purchasing.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and seminars, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Lead the bid evaluation process coordinating the commercial evaluation with the technical evaluation.
- Prepare the award recommendation and formalize final agreements and coordinate proper execution.
- Provide contract administration support during contractor’ s performance including negotiating change orders, claims and disputes resolution, review invoices for compliance with contract terms, monitor for compliance with contractor lien laws and prepare contract close-out documents.
- Function as the team liaison with the Legal and Risk Management departments.
- Along with the project team, perform due diligence of potential new contractors confirming the technical and commercial where-with-all to take on and successfully complete contract requirements.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of federal, state and local agency laws, regulations and ordinances that pertain to procurement practices.
- Minimum of three years work experience related to business management, contract management, engineering, construction, project management, operations or other similar experience. (i.e. 3 years related work experience with a preference in renewable energy (solar) industry knowledge).
- Basic understanding of business principles, analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, detailed oriented, ability to work in a team environment and be proficient in oral and written presentation skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge and an understanding of construction contract law, negotiating experience, writing and administering contracts for architect/engineer services, construction services, and major engineered equipment related to electric power generation plants and energy and gas delivery facilities.
- Understanding of contract delivery methods such as design-build, EPC, design/engineer, construction, design and furnish with technical direction of installation.
- Knowledge of different contract types such as lump sum, unit price, cost plus fixed fee and cost plus incentive fee.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple contracts with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have effective interpersonal skills and be able to engage and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge in an ERP or SAP environment preferred.