Contractor Performance Manager
3300 Exchange Place Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Company has elected to use a contract strategy to create the flexibility and speed in securing necessary resources and skills to deliver quality services in a competitive market of changing demand. To effectively select and manage the contractors employed, this position has been created to manage the business relationship between contractors and Stakeholders.
- Contracts will be established to address the needs of engineering/professional services, support services, and craft field activities.
- This position shall be responsible for all matters relating to contractor identification, qualification, performance, measures and results.
- This position shall serve as the single point contact for all Power Delivery matters pertaining to a specific contractor.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties
% of Time
- Develop strong business relationships between Company and its contractor base in order to ensure the success of each organization.
- Shall be the single point of contact for both Company and Contractor personnel to direct communications associated with fostering a strong business relationship and bringing attention to and assuring appropriate action is taken to address major issues and or problems/performance.
- Strives to foster a strong relationship based on Operating Excellence (Operational Excellence = Results + Operational Discipline).
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of the contractors business in order to understand its strengths and weaknesses in order to optimize the benefits that may be received from a service provider.
- Identify, qualify, and evaluate potential contractors/service providers for Department.
- Support and provide feedback to Sourcing on the terms of new and existing contracts through Supply Chain consistent with Corporate Policy and Practices.
- Assures appropriate level of detail exists in scope of work, skill requirements, performance expectations, and deliverables.
- Assures contractors understand the requirements of the contract.
- Defines parameters for successful execution of all work requests.
- Works with stakeholder teams within Department to establish pending as well as future contractor needs.
- Work with the various Business Unit Stakeholders (BU) we serve to develops performance measures that monitor and validate contractor performance against those measures.
- Monitors customer satisfaction with stakeholders for whom the services are being provided.
- Assures that contract service providers are compliant with Company requirements on safety and environmental stewardship. At the BUs request, we will facilitate calls or meetings between DE and our Contract Service Providers to address any concerns related schedule slip, cost increases, or environmental or safety concerns that do not meet our expectations.
- Responsible for development, integration, implementation and execution of the processes associated with contract strategies throughout the department.
III. Relations with Others
Inside the Company:
- Process Owners/ Resource Managers --- Resource planning, strategic and operational planning. Develops initiatives and strategies associated with creating more cost-effective mixes of internal and external resources needed to meet business needs
- Sub Process Owners, Managers --- Develop initiatives, resolve issues, and facilitate staffing augmentation.
- Supervisors/ Process Coordinators/ Process Leaders/Oversite Specialists --- Address skill definition, QA/QC requirements, performance evaluation
- Project/Program Administrators / Project Managers, Deployment Specialist --- Needs assessment
- Purchasing Managers/Agents --- Coordination of procurement of Contract services
Outside the Company:
- Service Provider Representatives --- Information associated with market conditions, labor force availability, & relevant business information
- Service Provider Management --- Negotiations for services and resolution of service delivery issues
- Utilities and Competitors --- Determining and sharing Best Practices
IV. Major Problems and Challenges
- Resolving effectively and expeditiously performance issues between Company Stakeholders and Suppliers.
- Influencing DE Corporation to adequately assess and forecast needs to support the contracting process.
- Coordination of activities where the unexpected requires quick response time and change of direction.
- Assure standards and specifications are adequate to define requested work scope and skills.
- Evaluating alternative methods for providing requested resources.
- Documentation of performance to contract.
- Helping DE stakeholders and contract service partners define success and validating results.
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders to contribute to Operational Excellence.