Client Site Ft. Detrick, MD 21702
Senior Cost Analyst
Support Location: Fort Detrick, MD – On-site
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Senior Cost Analyst with an Active Secret clearance.
8 years with Bachelors OR 10 years with Associates or Professional Certificate
5 years with Bachelors OR 7 years with Associates or Professional Certificate. At least 1 year of experience in: training or experience in drug development policies and procedures; understanding of cost estimating and prediction as required for medical programs and drug development; applying DOD PPBE system to bioengineering and medical acquisition programs. Prefer at least 1 year of experience in: training or experience in science, pharmaceutical, and vaccine/biologics management
* Certified Management Accountant (CMA) (within 1 year)
Experience and/or Certifications Required
- The contractor shall possess training or experience in drug development policies and procedures, as well as science, pharmaceutical, and vaccine/biologics management. In addition, the contractor shall possess an understanding of cost estimating and prediction as required for medical programs and drug development.
- The contractor shall possess previous experience applying the DOD PPBE system to bioengineering and medical acquisition programs.
Performance Based Tasks Required
- The contractor shall provide financial management support throughout the entire life cycle, assisting with the PPBE process and financial program execution, as well as budget formulation, justification, presentation, and execution activities.
- The contractor shall provide comprehensive cost analysis modeling support, to include:
- Independent analysis of requirements
- Correct application of cost estimating methodologies
- Developing logical cost estimates that are defensible and supportable
- Presenting a summary of resulting analyses to internal and external audiences
- Reviewing and analyzing monthly contractor EVM data
- The contractor shall develop and execute the application of cost models suitable for prediction and analysis of budgetary requirements for medical product development, inclusive of costs associated with FDA processes and regulatory compliance, clinical trials, drug manufacturing, laboratory testing, and development of drugs leading to FDA approval/licensure.
- The contractor shall review contractor cost proposals, to include assessment of reasonableness, realism, and completeness. In addition, the contractor shall prepare IGCEs, as necessary, for comparison to contractor proposals.
- The contractor shall prepare budget exhibits, P&R forms, spend plans, and budget allocation recommendations. In addition, the contractor shall coordinate updates to financial management data, including actual budget data and execution data recorded in DOD databases (e.g., GFEBS, etc.).
- The contractor shall coordinate with JPM office staff, contracting and budget personnel, and other principal participants to obtain financial information to track funding allocation.
- The contractor shall understand and extrapolate the cost of medical product development in the civilian sector to the development of medical countermeasures for bio-defense.
- The contractor shall analyze impacts to budget revisions and recommend courses of action to minimize adverse effects to program execution.
- At contract completion, the contractor shall develop independent estimates based on contractual performance.