Data Reporting and Analytics Engineer (Tableau)
8101 Presidents Dr. Orlando, FL 32809 US
At Kavaliro, the Data Reporting and Analytics Engineer - Tableau delivers enterprise scale data-related solutions for business products and services through specialized reporting and analytics tools by leveraging the Tableau analytics platform as well as other Business Intelligence tools to create Tableau dashboards,/reports, visualizations, and drive business analytical insights. Serves as a liaison between the Executive Team and assigned business groups and/or functional areas in support of the business’ reporting and analytics needs. Supports various data management capabilities across the organization, integrates projects, and facilitates internal and external initiatives to align focus to delivering data analytics and tools and reports to address business needs. Serves as a data and reporting resource and provides support in the analysis, design, development configuration and testing of existing and new application implementation. Provides direction and guidance to other team members, and context-driven priority recommendations to management, in support of business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Designs, develops, conducts unit testing, and maintains complex Tableau reports and visualizations for scalability, manageability, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- Provides technical expertise in areas of Reporting and Analytics design and implementation.
- Recommends implementation following best practices that will meet the business requirements.
- Identifies patterns and meaningful insights through proactive analysis as inputs to reporting and visualization designs
- Authors documentation for reports
- Resolves support tickets related to Tableau reports.
- Gathers, validates and documents data requirements for business requests and projects.
- Determines functionality to meet requirements, and articulates integrations required for consuming data for reporting and analytics purposes.
- Assists in the translation of business requirements into a logical data model and reporting framework.
- Determines appropriate analysis & development tasks and activities with minimal direction. Provides realistic level of effort estimates to project manager.
- Queries data and assists in data profiling and data integrity activities.
- Conducts analysis and ad-hoc reporting for divisional requests.
- Serves as a liaison between the Business, Executives and Information Technology (IT) teams for reporting and data analytics needs.
- Analyzes, designs and develops queries and logic for new data sources or application program interfaces (API) and reporting framework models.
- Assists in source definition for data warehouse/data lake attributes.
- Coordinates and conducts all project-related training using the reporting and visualization front-end report/query product.
- Works with capabilities and architecture roles to review standards and determine the best design to meet data requirement for reporting and analytics. Ensures adherence to approved architecture design.
- Performs complex programming assignments and unit testing on developed code. Supports process improvement through the application of established and developing programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Expert with the Tableau software suite
- Experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, data management, data science, information technology, or other relevant discipline preferred
- Five (5) or more years of data analytics, data management, data science, business analysis or other relevant experience; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience building complex queries using SQL, and designing and creating data sources.
- Knowledge of data management, security and/or operational risk trends and best practices.
- Data management experience in financial services, preferably in commercial banking, strongly preferred.
- Experience building complex queries using SQL and designing and creating data sources and APIs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers to build and formulate data requirements for business use cases, including solution development incorporating security, operational model, and other elements.
- Advanced analytical, diagnostic, and reporting skills, with a high-level accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to balance work on multiple projects or programs and adapt to the changing needs of the business in a very complex, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, trouble shooting, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen, delivery focus and customer service orientation, with the ability to interpret the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, team members and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to present findings and communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog