Datacom Database Administrator
- Ft. Knox, KY 40121 US
The Mainframe Datacom Database Administrator is responsible for performing database administration in support of the Database Management Systems (DBMS) applications.
- Responsible for Datacom database definition, structure, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and security and integrity controls.
- May propose and implement enhancements to improve performance and reliability.
- May maintain databases across multiple platforms and computer environments.
- Performs complex database administration assignments essential to the production and development of Database Management Systems (DBMS) applications. Assignments include database analysis, security support, design, software use, performance monitoring and tuning, and general technical expertise.
- Reviews and ensures integrity via standardized support tools.
- Ensures adherence to database administration guidelines, standards and procedures for applications development, implementation, testing, and migration.
- Responds to complex customer-reported systems problems. Provides DBMS expertise to other groups as requested.
- Must be proficient in Mainframe ISPF, JCL, and DASD as well as Datacom DBUTILITIES.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 9+ years related experience.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog