Desktop Support Engineer
1919 S Eads Arlington, VA 22202
Do you know someone that might be interested in working with AFWERX to help drive the success of innovation across the Air Force? If so, let us know and we can refer you to the opportunity.
The Air Force Squadron Innovation Fund Support team works to satisfy customers as often and as creatively as possible over email, phone and in-app messages and more. We' re always seeking to better understand and define what it means to deliver great support and customer success guidance.
We' re passionate about fostering an innovation culture around the Air Force. Through providing support and engagement on how the Air Force can best utilize the Squadron Innovation Funds to think BIG, start small and scale fast. As the Squadron Innovation Fund efforts evolve into year two, we want to provide the best resources for Airmen around the Air Force to execute on their projects.
This is a chance to join a brand new Support team and help build out the capabilities. The AFWERX team is over 30 people strong, with team members spread out across the United States and from the Total Force. We stay in close contact over G-Suite, Zoom.us, Slack, Google Drive, and weekly all hands calls.
We' re looking for someone who' s excited to build relationships and ensure our Airmen succeed in using Squadron Innovation Funds to drive innovative solutions. A passion for customer support and innovation is key!
On a day-to-day basis you will:
• Delight customers as often and as creatively as possible over email, phone, in-app messages, and more.
• Drive customer success with the Squadron Innovation funds and AFWERX and help customers with strategic innovation resources.
• Work closely with our Customer Quality team to share customer thoughts and feedback.
• Collaborate with your team to work through customer challenges, signals and issues.
• Grow as a technical support professional as you learn the ins and outs of the ideation platform.
Helpful skills and experience
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills
• Strong empathy and a feeling of joy in helping others
• Strong familiarity with the Air Force structure and overall functions. Previous military experience would be great!
• Experience working with customers in a customer support or success role
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a self-directed way
• Love of a fast-moving environment