Desktop Support Engineer with Secret Clearance
asdef Fort Belvoir, VA 22309
Kavaliro is looking for a mid-level DeskTop Support Engineer to work with our client in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The right candidate will have an Active Secret Clearance and Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance certification. This is an immediate need. Thank you.
Desktop Support Engineer, Intermediate' s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the Regional Network Enterprise Center, National Capital Region (RNEC-Client) desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and Black Berries). Actively take ownership of Remedy tickets and problems assigned, accurately record work performed and troubleshoot issues (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely fashion.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware, Windows 10 OS, Office 2013 as well as other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network.
- Escalate the issue/problem to proper Tier 3 Support team members when the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral.
- Expert technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware, knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Windows 10 operation and software and hardware troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Working knowledge of AD, Server 2012, remote control tools and TCP/IP fundamentals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school, work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- 3-9 years of experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support.
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
- CompTIA Security+ CE, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or CCNA Security
- Active Secret Clearance is required.