DevOps Container Engineer
McLean, VA 22102
Kavaliro is looking for a DevOps Container DevOps Engineer to work on a permanent basis with our client. Must be a US Citizen and able to attain a Secret Clearance. This is an immediate need with a wonderful company that has a great culture and benefits to match. Will be able to work from home remotely with weekly meetings in the office 1 or 2 times per week at most. Offices are in McLean, Chantilly and DC.
DevOps Container Engineer will assist in implementing container, orchestration engines, and IaaS code technologies. The project focuses on designing secure, cloud-based, enterprise-level solutions for the Federal Government.
- Lead the container strategy, operational implementation, and demonstrations for our customers
- Effectively convert custom written software and COTS products into containers
- Demonstrate orchestration engine capabilities and advantages to clients. Understand how to deliver operational value
- Designs pipelines for DevOps automation including manifests, modules, templates, dealing with different types of resources, etc.
- Tie container and orchestration engine concepts into CI/CD pipelines
- Actively participate and, at times, lead technical sessions related to how processes can be improved to provide new infrastructure, COTS-based applications, and custom solutions into our test and production environments
- Build training materials and provide standard operating procedures for new container technologies
- Tie new technologies into all infrastructure toolsets such as monitoring systems
- Improve infrastructure-as-code delivery
- Candidate will have a BS degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of four (4) years of technical experience after Bachelor’ s Degree. An MS degree in a technical field may be substituted for two (2) years’ of experience
- Experience with container technologies, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Experience with orchestration engines such as Cloud Foundry
- Experience with IaaS code technologies such as Terraform
- Experience working within AWS environments
- Must be able to understand issues in a variety of IT disciplines and must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively verbally and in writing
- US Citizenship and US Secret Clearance eligible
- Active Secret Clearance
- AWS certifications - Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer