DevOps Engineer - Secret Clearance
440 Wooten Road Colorado Springs, CO 80916 US
- The DevOps Engineer develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Works under general direction.
- Support Agile development teams to delivering an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment. Decompose complex requirements and capabilities into executable discrete user stories
- Perform Windows and Linux system administration
- Use a variety of scripting and automation technologies including bash, groovy, python, terraform, ansible, helm, docker to configure development, testing and production environments
- Employ GitOps techniques and tooling (e.g. ArgoCO, Flux, Fleet) to declaratively manage environments
- Deploy, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain kubernetes clusters (microk8s, rke2, rancher) and microservice deployments
- Deploy, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain a wide variety of CI/CD and Agile Team tooling including JFrog Artifactory, Nexus Repository, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Confluence, Jira, and similar tools
- Perform tasks across a wide spectrum of environments include AWS, DoD Private Clouds, and on-premise data centers
- Work together with program vendors, development teams, and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration, communication and coordination skills
- Be positive with a growth mindset, embracing collaboration, challenges and ambiguity in a complex technical environment
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
This position is expected to be on-site in Colorado Springs 3+ days a week using a hybrid approach.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 7+ years of professional software development and broad engineering experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a backend programming language such as Python, C++, Java or C#
- 2+ years of experience with microservice architectures utilizing Kubernetes for container orchestration
- 2+ years of experience using automation tools (e.g. Docker, Terraform, and Ansible) to deploy/configure infrastructure and applications
- Experience with logging (e.g. Elasticsearch, Splunk) and performance analysis (e.g. Kibana, Grafana) tools
- Experience with Identity Management and PKI Integration
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines and concepts
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban software development environment utilizing the Atlassian Suite for documentation and project management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A passion for distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- Experience with complex systems containing many integrated components.
- Experience with open-source software development experience.
- Experience with fine tuning Kubernetes and the underlying host OS for optimal performance in a low-latency environment.
- Experience troubleshooting software and network integration during platform deployments
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and deliver quality software.
- Experience and ability to support Government security requirements and best practices for software delivery involving system accreditation
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog