Director, Construction & Facilities
Orlando, FL 32801 US
- Establishes policies for and provides leadership of key offices and departments including facilities operations and maintenance, energy, custodial, infrastructure planning and construction management.
- Develops capital budget for the department, working closely with senior leadership.
- Represents our client in high-level negotiations with state, city and county officials concerning state agency oversight, zoning, jurisdictional matters and construction issues.
- Manages and coordinates the development of processes designed to ensure that the facilities and needs of the organization and staff are integrated into the annual Strategic and Capital plans.
- Management and oversight of all active and proposed capital projects from conception to completion including the creation of project proposals and evaluations.
- Oversees the maintenance, operations, and housekeeping of all facilities, including grounds and utilities.
- Implements strategies for continuous improvement of infrastructure, systems, operations and energy conservation.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains staffing and an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the functions of the Facilities and Maintenance Operations Team, including recruitment, skills and safety training, and evaluations of departmental staff.
- Provides leadership and direction that emphasizes customer service, team member engagement and adherence to the Core Principles of company
- Manage, supervise, lead, train and assign work to department staff and oversee the daily workflow to accomplish the department objectives, vision and mission.
- Plan, schedule, allocate and prioritize the workload to meet efficient operating requirements of the department.
- Daily oversight of all projects, work order submission, scheduling of employees, and the mentoring and training of all members of the team.
- Oversee the timely completion of submitted work orders from all facilities served by the Facilities Department.
- Awareness and implementation of sustainability programs to increase energy efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee/direct the scheduling and supervision of business partners and Goodwill construction activities in accordance with job and contracted work.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all applicable building codes, OSHA job safety regulations and DA requirements.
- Assure accurate record keeping for the department, including safety logs, correspondence with jurisdictions having authority, Property Owners and management companies and construction documents.
- Recruit and actively communicate with business partners on GICF safety policies, quality standards and requisition procedures to assure a solid vendor base.
- Works with other departments leading emergency management and disaster preparedness for all facilities.
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog