Director of Learning and Development
7531 S. Orange Blossom Trail Orlando, FL 32835 US
- Spearheading the design, development, and implementation of an organizational-wide Learning & Development strategy to successfully transform the learning experience for all associates, support the employee experience, and build a culture of continuous learning.
- Analyzing and assessing training needs on an ongoing basis to meet agency and program initiatives. Developing workforce development plans to advance the skills of staff to advance the mission.
- Partnering closely with our Leadership Team to address development needs and create Learning and Development solutions to address them.
- Building a culture of continuous learning and influence a growth mindset, ensuring DEI&B is woven into every aspect of our learning and development curriculum
- Developing and implementing training programs along with delivering a consistent of training experience across the organization.
- Providing guidance and support to improve our training and delivery. This includes regular research into adult education best practices and innovative service delivery to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure an understanding of current and future business strategy and framework, translating short-term and long-term needs into appropriate learning systems and approaches that build organizational confidence, trust, and performance. Focus areas include the continued evolution of Development function to ensure L&D is best able to serve the growing skill/capability development needs of all audiences in a dynamic organization.
- Overseeing the organization’s Learning & Development strategy through managing a team that designs and develops programs that align to organizational business needs and expected outcomes.
- Managing the learning management system technologies and training personnel required to develop, manage, and deliver training.
- Ensuring that the design and delivery of training include consideration for varied learning styles and makes accommodations for inclusion for learners with disability, including a blended approach to learning such as classroom training, e-learning, coaching, and experiential learning.
- Promoting Person-Centered Strategy that promotes self-advocacy on all levels and ensures this philosophy is incorporated into all training.
- 7 years of experience in leading L&D Teams, including instructional design and multiple platform delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in organizational development, training, or education, Masters preferred.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) certification preferred.
- Excellent communication ability and able to effectively communicate with people of various educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, developing, and delivering training in a variety of methodologies.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce is important to you.
- You embrace our values of Commitment, Learning, Accountability, Integrity, Service to Others, and Teamwork.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog