Document Control Specialist
315 Main Street Cincinnati, OH 45202
- This position is responsible for providing services and support to all business areas related to asset records management as well efficiently processing and securing project related documentation (i.e. vendor documents, construction documents, quality records and vital business records).
- The Document Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with national records management standards, applicable laws, regulations, policies, standards, and procedures. The incumbent interacts with operations and engineering departments to collaborate on processes, procedures and documentation.
- Execute Records and Information Management (RIM) of asset records in adherence to company policies.
- Perform quality control and audits of records for content and adherence to standards.
- Maintain the service card process.
- Prepare documents for use and storage.
- Monitor record repositories to ensure existing business records are stored in a controlled environment with secure access.
- Ensure that fixed asset processes and contractors comply with records and content management requirements.
- Assist with search and retrieval of documents (all media & formats)
- Identification of documents to be considered records.
- Categorize asset records.
- Assist with records requests.
- Communicate with internal customers.
- Provide services and support to all business areas regarding execution of standards and processes related to asset records management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with construction and engineering documents
- Experience working with complex filing systems (hard copy and electronic)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Experience handling confidential, privileged, and/or proprietary records
- Understanding of generally-accepted RIM policies, procedures, and emerging trends
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic content management/RIM systems (including inputting, managing data and data elements of records)
- Excellent Interpersonal skills (interacting with individuals at all levels within organization)
- Sound business judgment
- Experience with digitization and related techniques
- Bachelors Degree in in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, or related field
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint
- CRM and/or CIP designation
- Experience delivering communication campaigns and training
- Member of ARMA
- Member of AIIM