Electrical Design Technologist
805 South Pinehurst Street Aberdeen, NC 28315
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- This position is to provide experienced technical expertise to accurately analyze options and prepare distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company' s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Accurately and effectively manages projects with the DOT from start to completion.
- This position will work with the DOT and other municipalities.
- Valid Drivers License and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies)
- Either 2 to 4 years experience and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 8 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Experience with an electric utility or DOT.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience with Electric Distribution . Works with DOT and other municipalities.
- Demonstrated Time Management Skills