110 S Sierra Madre St Colorado Springs, CO 80903 US
- Communicate effectively and proactively.
- Take an active role in growing skills, abilities, and knowledge to further understand all aspects of the position.
- Perform well in both individual and team environments.
- Take on additional responsibilities and assignments willingly.
- Accomplish tasks often on fixed and tight deadlines for multiple and often simultaneous projects.
- Excel in a fast-paced working environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Able to identify needs, develop solutions, and articulate ideas.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
- Exhibit self-starter mentality and effectively manage time.
- Familiar with Oil & Gas industry practices and standards.
- Conduct oneself with a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety.
- Actively engage in professional development.
- Champion company goals and processes.
- Actively participate in QA/QC to ensure consistency within the department.
- Work with Project teams to ensure project deliverables are completed accurately and on time.
- Clearly convey design philosophies, expectations, and timeline.
- Coordinate regulatory, permitting, survey, and third-party construction efforts.
- Specify all engineered equipment and specialty items.
- Perform calculations to evaluate proposed designs.
- Evaluate design’s overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety.
- Communicate design changes with key project team members.
- Understand and apply standard engineering principles.
- Treat all company information and customer information confidentially.
- 2+ years of hands on Electrical Engineering experience
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering
- EIT certificate a plus
- Competent in arc flash, short circuit and relay setting studies using SKM or ETAP software Experience in generating the following deliverables:
- Load list
- One-line diagrams
- Power cable/conduit schedules
- Conduit/cable tray plans and details
- Grounding plans and details
- Area classification plans and details
- Lighting plans and details
- Panel schedules
- Heat trace plan and details
- Cathodic protection plan and details
- E-House layout
- E-house /PDC specifications
- Motor control schematics
- Electrical equipment specifications and data sheets (MCC, UPS, transformers, etc.)
- Lightning protection plans and details
- Electrical rack drawings Familiarity with NEC, NEMA, IEEE, and API 500 and how they apply to the oil and gas industry\
- Ability to travel 50% of the time (the other time in the office)
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog