189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1220 Orlando, FL 32801 US
Kavaliro is the exclusive retained staffing partner of Martin Aquatic Design and Engineering, the leading engineering firm specializing in the aquatics design and engineering field headquartered in downtown Orlando, Florida.
We have an immediate full-time position open for an Electrical Engineer within our Engineering Department.
The firm has a rich 35-year history in the design field and is looking for a talented team member to help create world-class aquatic features! Visit: https://martinaquatic.com/ and https://vimeo.com/martinaquatic for more exciting information about Martin Aquatic Design and Engineering!
The successful electrical engineer will be involved in the engineering, equipment selection, specification, and design related to construction documents. The candidate must have skills in preparing construction drawings in AutoCAD/Revit or similar programs. The successful candidate will be asked to select equipment and create single-line or riser diagrams for projects at various stages of development from concept to construction. Additional responsibilities will be equipment research, new application engineering ideas, and engineering-level documentation for design intent for the company’s production team. The successful candidate will be asked to provide a performance specification for all switchgear, enclosures, conduit and wire sizes, and controls related to the aquatics systems. Beyond the drafting and engineering skills, additional experience is sought in Microsoft Office for high-level power user functions, a Microsoft excel test may be required. Future opportunities for advancement and enhanced responsibilities exist with the company over time. The firm has a rich 35-year history in the design field and is looking for a talented team member to help create world-class aquatic features and destinations.
- Being a member of the company’s engineering department and working as part of the overall project development teams.
- Working to assist in new standards and creation of new applications, and refinement of existing processes.
- Working in Revit/AutoCAD, the person in this position will review or create single line/riser diagrams, panel schedules, and functional block diagrams.
- Engineer will be asked to run electrical calculations and provide narrative reports and documentation to back up design direction.
- Engineer will be asked to specify VFDs, Panels, and enclosures
- Create and analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings with minimal supervision.
- Required to learn company design standards.
- Utilize the standards library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- May suggest and/or develop additions or propose changes to the existing standards library and calculations template.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Licensed PE
- Prefer candidate to be already listed with NCEES
- Experience with NEC and multiple state codes
- Minimum AutoCAD Skill requirements:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Familiarity with xrefs, blocks, mleaders, and follow drawing standards
- Minimum Autodesk Revit skill requirements:
- Knowledge of Revit
- Must have a working knowledge of the program and its components
- Minimum Microsoft Requirements:
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office 365
- Recommended Experience:
- Creation of drawings and specifications for electrical power distribution for new industrial or commercial buildings
- Recommended Skills:
- Knowledge of architectural design and construction
- Aquatics background
- Experience with VFDs and motor selection
- Knowledge on balancing panel schedules
- Recommended Computer Skills:
- Knowledge and experience working with:
- Windows 10
- AutoDesk Products
- Online project management software
- Knowledge and experience working with:
- Annual bonus
- Minimum of 3 weeks PTO + paid holidays and sick time
- Excellent company sponsored medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) program participation with employer contribution
- Reasonable flex schedule
- Paid covered/adjacent Parking in downtown, Orlando
- Innovative office environment and team culture!
- opportunity for personal growth and development!
Kavaliro provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Kavaliro is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Kavaliro will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please respond to this posting to connect with a company representative.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog