Engineering Documentation Specialist
411 Fayetteville Street Raleigh, NC 27601
- This position is responsible for assisting the engineer team in duties associated with preparing, managing and delivering documentation of capital projects. This will involve printing, plotting, scanning, preparing, filing, light drafting, data entry and other tasks required by engineering for project work. Customer service skills will be highly valued in this role.
- The successful candidate will track pending engineering release dates and ensure the project engineer has what is needed to meet the release date.
- The candidate will track project as-builts and be able to communicate with all stakeholders in the process to keep documents moving and on schedule and complete accurate reporting.
- The candidate will work in Maximo to enter and update asset information on transmission facilities.
- Other duties include but are not limited to managing the large format plotter, light drafting work, filing, large format plotting, copying, scanning and storm and logistics room set up during emergencies other duties as deemed necessary.
Engineering Release Packages
- Use drafting tools as needed to revise and modify engineering drawings and sketches as needed (PLS CADD, SDS, Microstation and AutoCAD)
- Reproduce, assemble, and mail the engineering package documents per drawing transmittal
- Maintain the required supplies
- Manage the engineering file number system
- Use the file management systems to store documents (ProjectWise, Fusion, etc.)
As Built Drawing Process
- Monitor schedule information to be able to update the as-built tracking log spreadsheet
- Request update information from stakeholders as necessary
- Assist Engineers with revising as-built packages
- Prepare as-built packages for release and mail
- Update the local as-built schedule with any changes to the completion dates
- Enter project asset information in Maximo
- Assist Production Standards organization with CU creation
- Manage large format plotter maintenance and supplies
- Provide support for plotting requests - Engineering, Survey and Real Estate
- Create and update electronic folders in file management systems (ProjectWise, Fusion, etc.)
- Manage the scanning effort to get documents to an electronic format
- Emergency storm center and logistics center room set up as required
- Other duties as required
- Strong positive customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Excellence in attention to details
- Organization and time management
- Computer skills
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 2 year technical degree preferred
- 7 years of related work experience