Entry Level - Engineering Technologist
425 Fairforest Way Greenville, SC 29607
- Distribution Engineering Technologist I applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and leadership skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and have the ability to work with some degree of independence.
- Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Beginning level of knowledge in preparing thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company' s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Either a graduate from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent i.e. Construction Engineering Management Technology) Or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree.
- Possess valid drivers license.
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Window Office based applications and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- This position of Engineering Technologist is to write work orders. Candidates would spend approximately one day a week in the field taking notes and pictures of existing facilities that need replaced. The territory they will cover is typically within one hour of their base office location, and mileage is paid. The remainder of their time will be spent entering data into Expert Designer, utilizing a GIS System for creating maps, using Maximo, work management system, for running reports and managing the work assigned to them.