Exterior Designer Specialist (AutoCAD)
189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1220 Orlando, FL 32801 US
Kavaliro is the exclusive retained staffing partner of Martin Aquatic Design and Engineering, the leading engineering firm specializing in the aquatics design and engineering field headquartered in downtown Orlando, Florida.
We have an immediate full-time position open for an Exterior Design Drafter with skills in preparing drawings in AutoCAD for implementing creative outdoor plans for waterpark, pool scape, and splashpad concept designs.
The firm has a rich 35-year history in the design field and is looking for a talented team member to help create world-class aquatic features! Visit: https://martinaquatic.com/ and https://vimeo.com/martinaquatic for more exciting information about Martin Aquatic Design and Engineering!
- Working as a part of the engineering firm’s Creative Studio, this professional will assist the design team in developing visual layouts for client presentations, which showcase various elements of spatial planning.
- The Exterior Design Specialist will derive plans from AutoCAD layouts, delivering to the client a colored, visually appealing plan that includes capacity modeling, pathway/access flow patterns, and identification of outdoor aquatic elements like splash toys and spray fixtures, cabanas and loungers. Some examples duties are:
- Waterpark layouts
- Cruise ship layouts
- Area take-offs (from scaled PDFs)
- 3D Renders with Max / AutoCAD as needed
- Color theory study and layout
- Reference photo sourcing
- InDesign booklet updates
- Creating 2D layouts of 3D play structures from blocks
- Seating design (layout)
- Walkway / pathing strategy
- Learn company design standards.
- Utilize the standards library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Contribute to the development of additions or propose changes to the existing standards library.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Candidate must be able to work with a team of designers and engineers. Successful candidate will work in Orlando, Florida on preparing construction drawings for projects located in the US and abroad.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience working with AutoCAD
- Ability to quickly lay out items with fixed boundaries and create a circulation plan
- Understanding of spatial awareness
- Ability to sketch and visualize sites from 1 acre to 30 acres for recreation and entertainment
- Understanding of pathway/access flow patterns for guest movement
- Ability to be a self-starter and stay on task working towards extremely quick deadlines.
- Strong computer organizational skills in finding, sourcing, and using a variety of blocks from AutoCAD libraries
- Able to quickly take client feedback and provide sketches/updates
- Able to coordinate with other design consultants for shared site base layouts
- Microsoft environment experience, specifically MS Office 365
- Technical Degree (bonus)
- Annual bonus
- Minimum of 3 weeks PTO + paid holidays and sick time
- Excellent company sponsored medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) program participation with employer contribution
- Reasonable flex schedule
- Paid covered/adjacent Parking in downtown, Orlando
- Innovative office environment and team culture!
- opportunity for personal growth and development!
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog