Focus Forward Care
- Scheduling home visits for the field staff each day and assisting with the coordination of patient care.
- Accumulating admissions and intake information for referrals before handing off/notifying Clinical and HR departments.
- Communicating with physicians about orders and patient progress information.
- Confirming shifts and schedules with staff nurses and the client families
- Ensuring geographic scheduling to reduce drive time and to enhance staff satisfaction and patient care.
- Must be bilingual
- Proficiency in CubHub
- Assists Scheduling Mgr. with scheduling reports, end of week report
- Tracks each case' s Schedule Score Card
- We staff schedules with shifts, these are not nursing visits
Phone and customer service experience a must.
Needs to be fluent in computer systems, have strong decision making skills, and ability to prioritize.
Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Prior scheduling experience required.
Ensures all clinical visits needed are appropriately scheduled to meet the agency' s patient care and service needs and in accordance with physician' s orders, agency standards and regulatory requirements. Tracks and provides feedback to the Clinical Services Manager when scheduled visits are missed.
Coordinates the scheduling of clinical visits for care team in compliance with physician approved orders and clinician plotted visits approved by Clinical Services Manager. Ensures compliance with the schedule. Communicates any requests to change the schedule to the Clinical Services Manager and, once approved, reschedules missed or declined visits. Assists clinicians with assuring all visits are properly assigned and scheduled on Electronic Medical Record (EMR) devices. Maintains on-call schedule for assigned care team. Responsible for contacting PRN associates according to established protocol to ensure adequate scheduling of services to meet patient needs. Responsible for monitoring and scheduling home health therapy reassessment visits to meet home health reassessment requirements. Facilitates compliance in the electronic medical record for notices provided to the patient or responsible party (e.g. Notices of Medicare Non-Coverage) in a timely manner. Assures compliance with, and facilitates completion of, service agreements from patient(s) and/or power of attorney(ies) receiving services from the agency. Fields all calls related to the assigned team patients and routes to appropriate care team members. Keeps the Clinical Services Manager informed on aspects within the care team specific to EMR scheduling workflow. Prepares reports for scheduling tracking and participates in agency meetings to ensure patient and associate scheduling needs are met. Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, associates, patients, and their family members and community personnel. Adheres to communication and accountability guidelines established by local and regional administration. Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to agency safety standards. Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale and HIPAA concerning community and patient information.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience - High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Prefer one year experience scheduling and working with older adults or in a related healthcare setting.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements - None
Management/Decision Making - Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills - Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Must have knowledge and working capability of PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally- deliver supplies to a home