299 1st Avenue North St. Petersburg, FL 33701
GIS Analysts support the operation, maintenance and/or construction of the electric power delivery system by maintaining, reporting, and analyzing data from a number of data systems within their assigned area. Project expectations include:
- Database analysis
- Dashboard and static reporting
- GIS data modeling and manipulation
- Heavy ESRI Software utilization to include ArcGIS PRO and Portal
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL, Python
With Minimal Supervision:
- Support company in safely and cost-effectively delivering reliable service to our customers, and remaining compliant with various regulatory standards and requirements, by maintaining, reporting and analyzing data contained in various data management systems within assigned department(s).
- Enter and maintain/edit data within the assigned data systems as needed using the normal system interface software, or using database tools to make changes directly within the database tables.
- Insure integrity of data contained within the assigned data systems by understanding, adhering to, and helping to develop and document the rules and standard practices for data entry, and by identifying and helping to correct data inaccuracies or inconsistencies.
- Provide data and reports to various personnel as requested, utilizing the functionality inherent in the data system (e.g. eMax' s Advanced Search functionality); or utilizing pre-existing reports and queries; and/or developing reports and queries of moderate complexity to extract data stored within database tables and/or reporting hubs.
- Provide ongoing support to your " customers", whether internal or external to the company, demonstrating a strong customer service attitude. Be readily available and responsive to requests. Deliver high quality results in a timely fashion, meeting or beating established deadlines and/or promised dates. Establish and maintain open two-way communications and effective working relationships with Managers, Supervisors, and individual contributors within the " customer" departments. Proactively understand and fulfill the needs of your " customers" and proactively communicate to keep them informed.
- Administer and support various computer systems and tools. Examples may include, but are not limited to, software applications, databases, SharePoint sites, web pages, shared servers, etc.
- Strive to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Analyze, resolve, and document problems associated with the data contained in the applicable databases.
- Support the company' s and department' s goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
- Serve as a technical resource. Share information and transfer knowledge to others by providing both informal and formal training.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related technical discipline from an accredited college or university plus 2 to 4 years of applicable work experience;
- 4 to 9 years of applicable work experience in a comparable data reporting and analysis role.
- Must be able to operate a computer, keyboard, mouse, printer, and associated equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Successfully completed college-level courses on relational databases.
- Proficient in querying and reporting information from databases using SQL, Microsoft Report Builder (MRB), and/or Microsoft Business Intelligence Development System (BIDS)
- Demonstrated ability to work with numerous organizational levels of personnel, both within and external to the company (e.g. Supervisors, Managers, Engineers, Technical Analysts, Technicians, Electricians, Mechanics, Vendors, Contractors, Consultants, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to share information and transfer knowledge to others.
- Demonstrated strong customer-service attitude.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Proficient in principles of project management.