GIS Systems Administrator
214 Hogan St Jacksonville, FL 32202 US
- Plan, organize, and direct the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of a GIS software architecture.
- Implement and support the systems that allow the design of enterprise GIS web and desktop applications in a team environment.
- Architect GIS data management solutions for core businesses primarily using ESRI technologies.
- Design and integrate GIS components into a larger, web-based information management system.
- Configure and maintain ArcSDE (Spatial Database Engine) server for development and production environments.
- Perform server optimization for ArcGIS servers.
- Administer geometric networks and GIS network datasets.
- Resolve version conflicts, spatial (topology), and attribute errors that arise during edited data updates in ArcSDE.
- Manage projects involving the software and server systems required to enable the use and utilization of GIS systems.
- Ensure that GIS systems adhere to current IT infrastructure standards, and maintain performance and scalability.
- Prepare detailed specification and technical design documents.
- Effective working with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Understand and influence people, and show a sensitivity to others point of view, as needed to identify user needs and resolve user system problems.
- Willing to work in the Hybrid Environment (Onsite & Remote)
- Develop and implement GIS architecture, and hardware and software infrastructure plans for GIS systems.
- Plan, monitor, and administer system usage and coordinate database interaction with other systems and applications.
- Advise and train system users on GIS methods and techniques.
- Work in a collaborative environment and coordinate with developers, designers, testers, and project managers regarding GIS needs and projects.
- An effectively operating GIS software architecture
- Well-tuned and performant GIS Servers, services, and applications
- Quick Turnaround of Issues and Requests
- Effective Team Communication
- Passion for Continuous Learning and Improvement
- ArcGIS Server architecture operating with little to no downtime
- Meet ESRI system standards and best practices
- Uptime of GIS Web applications and services
- Knowledge of IIS administration (version 8.0 and above) and Web Adapter administration for ArcGIS Pro, ESRI Portal and ArcGIS Server/Enterprise.
- Knowledge of specialized GIS software including ESRI products ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and the administration of ArcGIS Server, ArcEngine, ArcGIS Desktop Advanced, ArcGIS Online, and ArcPro software.
- Knowledge of databases such as SQLServer (including 2012 and later) or Oracle.
- Knowledge, understanding and utilization of the standard ESRI methodology of geodatabase design and what is required to create and administer multi-versioned Geodatabases.
- Ability to oversee and monitor the work of others.
- Experience working in a government organization is a plus.
- Effective organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Take directives from management and perform tasks efficiently.
- Strong passion and thirst to keep up with new industry trends and standards.
What to expect when working with Kavaliro
Just like with our clients, we build our process to meet each individual candidate s needs. Our recruiters take the time to listen to your career goals and ambitions, then work one-on-one with you to help place you in a company that provides the best professional fit.
Call us with a detailed overview of your experience, skills, background, and goals. If you are local and prefer, we will set up a face-to-face interview.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment form to assess your skill level. At the same time, your references will be checked.
Your Kavaliro recruiter will discuss and review potential job opportunities.
When you and your recruiter agree on a potential match, you ll be briefed with helpful insight into the client s needs.
When you begin your employment tenure with the client, Kavaliro will continue to be there to support you in your career.
More From Kavaliro
We ve been in the staffing business for over 10 years because we receive great satisfaction helping both companies and job candidates find their perfect match.Meet our team
Life at Kavaliro
We take culture seriously and believe true strength comes from a collaborative and open-minded environment where everyone is supported and empowered to succeed.Learn more
Careers at Kavaliro
If you want to always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and newest trends in staffing and recruiting, join the Kavaliro team!See internal opportunities
We offer guidance on resume revisions, clarifying your career objectives, and other advice to help you land your dream job.Visit our blog