139 East 4th Street Cincinnati, OH 45202
This GIS Technician position will be responsible for completing tasks including creating and editing GIS data from various sources in Smallworld and generating maps and reports using GIS data for internal and external customers.
- Associates degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge in the use of the following systems/applications: Principles and practices of GIS, GPS, and cartography; GIS software (Smallworld, ArcGIS, QGIS); Source data used to create maps; Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated effective analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Business and technical understanding of the applications
- Ability to integrate source data into systems of record
- Ability to effectively interact with both business and technical staff, provide quality customer service and support users with inquiries
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and thorough in reviewing data for accuracy.
- Strong background and demonstrated experience in GIS products preferred (i.e. Smallworld, ArcGIS, QGIS).
- Utility experience preferred.
- GIS or related technical degree preferred.
- Two or more years of work experience in database entry and support with experience in the use of GIS preferred.