Hardware Configuration Manager (Secret)
Ft. Belvoir Ft. Belvoir, VA 22309
Kavaliro has an immediate need for a Hardware Configuration Manager with an active Secret Clearance. Responsible for maintaining the Device Access List (DAL) database (DB) of network devices. Perform quarterly data audits against the automated monitoring tools. Administer the Short-Term switch loan program including tracking the deployed devices and securing return. Serve as the regulatory Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide guidance for configuration procedures to meet or exceed DISA and Army regulations.
Skills and qualifications that will help you succeed:
The Systems Administrator will support the Government in systems administration. Primary focus may include the following:
- Network operations data analysis
- Database design and management
- SOP procedure design and development
- Records management
- Expert experience with these applications: Microsoft Visio, Excel, Access, Word processing
- Word Templates Design and Use
- Familiar with Cisco Works and Autocad
Candidate' s knowledge should be sufficient to:
- Maintain the Device Access List database;
- Maintain and continue development Subnet and VLAN databases;
- Create and maintain enterprise and managed organizations diagrams;
- Ensure customers receive current versions of applicable documents as they become available;
- Work clients to develop and implement standardized formats for documents and diagrams;
- Control current versions and future releases and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for diagram design and standards;
- Assist NSB Team Lead in administration of the Remedy ticket database and produce reports;
- Monitor Remedy queue status daily and notify the Sr. Network Engineer when the unassigned ticket volume exceeds client' s benchmarks;
- Produce NSB Standard Operating Procedure documents and other process materials required by network engineering;
- Serve as the administrator for the NSB shared drive. Maintain folders for consistency and complete the archive process; keep the shared drive structure intact by mentoring team members on posting guidelines.
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail;
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services, is committed to quality deliverables;
- Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally;
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, makes recommendations and resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent is required: Diploma from a technical or vocational school or an equivalent military/DoD training;
- Bachelor' s Degree in Configuration Management, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred;
- Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating proficiency may be substituted for education requirements;
- Four (4) or more years of progressive experience providing Configuration management, database management, configuration documentation (including diagrams), and support in a technical environment.